Sunday, January 6, 2013

Lovecraft Cocktails


As you can see above I was part of the Horror in Clay Kickstarter campaign to get a Cthulhu Tiki Mug. (You can get yours here.) In the photo above we have my Santa Cthulhu off of my Christmas Tree in my Cthulhu tiki mug, he's so cute and yet so evil. This kickstarter/mug was right in my wheelhouse H. P. Lovecraft has been one of my favorite authors for quite some time now, and my love of tiki drinks is well documented. Inspired by the Lovecraft/tiki crossover I set out to develop a series of Lovecraft themed drinks for my forthcoming mug. The first was the Cocktail of Cthulhu, (already posted here.) The others are Pickman's Punch and Haunter of the Dark and Stormy.

Pickman's Punch
2 oz Pineapple Juice
1 oz Orange Juice
1 oz Grenadine
1 oz Silver Rum
1 oz Gold Rum
.5 oz Lemon Hart 151
.75 oz Orgeat 
.75 Passion Fruit Syrup
blend with 6 oz ice

Haunter of the Dark and Stormy
2 oz Dark Jamaican Rum
1 oz orange juice
.5 oz key lime juice
1 teaspoon grenadine
roll with ice
top with ~6 oz ginger beer.

These are hardly the only Lovecraft inspired cocktails out there. For instance Kaiser Penguin has the Cthulhu Punch recipe.  If you have some other cocktails recipes from the eldritch blackness or cyclopean halls please feel free to share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment